So we have no idea about what got my mom… By yesterday
morning, my dad and I were down too and by around lunch so were two of my
cousins, Buji mama, a family friend and Padmatta. You’d think it’d be food
poisoning with so many people affected, but considering we all ate the same
food and the hundreds of people who were there at every meal and didn’t get
sick, we dunno. Plus we’ve had slightly varying symptoms like I had a fever
which only my uncle also did, but we’re all drugged up and starting to feel
better now. Hence, not a lot has happened other than lots of infected people sleeping for hours. I was doin better by this afternoon but I
felt bad for the people who were getting the worst of it today, cuz there hasn’t
been power since 9 am until a little bit ago… It’s always hot but normally fans
and the two air conditioned rooms help a lot. Without those it was even harder
to sleep or just try to relax. Anyways like I said, power’s back now and
everyone’s getting better :)
I know even small businesses around here have generators but
I wonder how the ones that don’t get by, that was a full 8 hour day of no
electricity. I did get a lot of reading done though. I’m finally almost done with
Under the Dome and hopefully I’ll get to make some headway on the GWTDT books
you lent me.
We were also planning on leaving for Kerala tonight. The plan
was to spend a couple of days in Trivandrum to see my dad’s extended family and
then come back to Kochi for a week with my grandparents. But my dad still isn’t
up for a 12 hour train ride. It’s sad we can’t see all of his family plus
Trivandrum is great since the area’s really pretty and it’s all rural so we
have the strangest adventures trying to eat and get around. But least now we
have two more days with ammuma and thatha :)
-Sanj
-Sanj
No comments:
Post a Comment