We're on the plane to Delhi and once again I may be the only one awake on a sleeping plane. I think that makes over 30 hours without sleep and we land when it's morning in Delhi... least I'm definitely ready for college.
This leg of the journey is on jet airways which feels like the lame ghetto ass version of Etihad. The food sucked, had only one option and worst of all, there's no individual seat tvs. I prolly sound like a whiny spoled brat but thats ok right, besides I expected more of jet airways. Least I did get a window seat who knows maybe I'll see the Taj Mahal from 35,000 ft up :)
In Abu Dhabi I did see a smoking lounge. It wasn't quite as bad as a glass cage for people to stare at smokers through but it was still bad... I told my sister about your dad and had the strangest urge to rap on the glass :) I also got to eat a big mac, it wasn't quite the usual and lacked the usual greasy goodness but it was a burger nonetheless. Anyways, I think that's about it for now
I forgot to mention (till I saw again on the plane) all the people in traditional Muslim clothing. It was surprising to actually see what some of the women had to wear. We came across a few women who were covered head to toe in black, gloves, veil, and everything. No matter how culturally impartial I am it's really hard for me to avoid questioning practices like that. How do you think or view a woman in a way that justifies that... I just wonder
No comments:
Post a Comment