The pen I’ve been using so far is running out of ink, that’s
a good sign right :) So it’s been a couple of days cuz there really isn’t a
ton to write about. We’ve mostly been eating, hanging out with family and
running errands to prepare for all the wedding traditions. Aside from the
wedding there’s a lot of rituals which are finally starting today. I can’t keep
any of them straight cuz every region has its own practices and I know some of
the Andhra/Telugu customs but this wedding is gonna be a mix of Telugu and
Tamil events. Today we’re starting with the “making of the bride”. I dunno what
exactly they do except it ends with all the girls putting on mahendi. You and
Steph would enjoy that, they get pretty detailed especially with the bride. I
dunno what else is on the schedule but Ill letcha know.
Also I still haven’t
gotten to run :-/ Even if I wanted to go outside, there’s no walkways and with
the way traffic moves, it’s too dangerous to run on the roads… And the food
policy here is to eat until you’re stuffed, and soon as you’re less than
bloated you reload. Normally I wouldn’t have a problem with that but coupled
with my running situation, it’s put me in a constant state of feeling nasty… Oh
well least the food has been good. Anyways they’re starting the bride stuff,
talk to ya later :)
-Sanj
No comments:
Post a Comment