There hasn’t been much of a plan for these few days since we
were supposed to be in Kerala right now. My uncle and cousin, who have been
home for the wedding, now have to go back to work and college. Madhurika’s a
freshman too this year but their classes have already started since summer here
is around late April to June. She goes to an all girls college which just seems
like it’d be really strange. I could not imagine having classes with only guys…
Plus there are no dorms, no one really leaves home to go to college. There’re
some exceptions like the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) which people
attend from across the country. I think there’re 3 or 4 of them located in
Bombay, Calcutta and a couple of other cities. They’re the Ivy Leagues of India
except much harder to get into since they take a fe thousand out of a much
larger student population and admission is solely test score based. If you don’t
get into one of the IITs or a couple of other places like IAM or Delhi
University, then you’re probably just going to college near where you live.
That was a long tangent but point is it’s just the four of
us and my grandparents for a few days but we’ll figure out something to do :) I
have taken thatha on walks almost every day :) Back in Rajahmundry he walks to a hall
or park where a bunch of retired guys chat for a while every evening. He misses
that whenever he’s away from home so we take him on walks to make up for it.
I have another driving story for ya. My uncle’s driver is
this really nice, funny, confused old man. Today while driving by a temple he
just took his hands off the steering wheel and prayed for a few seconds. I was
so scared, it’s bad enough to do that in the US but considering roads here, it’s
asking for an accident. This was the first time I’d noticed but apparently he
does that every time they pass a temple. My uncle has tried to reason with him
saying if he does his duty God will be with him and has offered to give him
time off in the day to quickly go to the temple if he really wants to. We’ll
see…
Also it’s about time I wrote you a poem so here’s one:
My nano’s travelled a lot with me
Since its birth off in Hong Kong
And so for every place I’ve been
Are memories of certain songs
For what should accompany this summer
I left the playlist to someone else
To join me in CR as well as across India
And I’d say she’s done marvelous
… I’m sorry that’s by far the worst poem I’ve ever written
for you. The Hong Kong part was just speculation since it’s somewhere in China
and I needed something to go with songs. And you have to say else and marvelous
in a funny way to make them rhyme… Lol again I’m sorry. What I mean to say is I haven’t
really mentioned it, but I’ve been really enjoying the CD :) I liked Little Talks too
for an MVP so I think Some Nights and Daylight are my favorites off your CD. I
have a playlist of all the songs you’ve given me and I’ve been listening to it
a lot. That and Chiddy Bang, thanks for introducing me to them. That’s about it
for now :)
-Sanj
No comments:
Post a Comment